- Electronics and Systems
- Multimedia Content Technologies
- Network and Applications
- Radio and Wireless
- Software Technologies & Data Science
- Technologies for a secure Society and Cybersecurity
The remarkable progress in ICT has a key substrate in the development of system-level technologies based on the continuous miniaturization and integration of heterogeneous technologies and components, which enable the development of optimal HW/SW systems and complex computer systems to support the implementation of applications and advanced services.
In regard of this fundamental knowledge for ICT, the Center focuses specifically on:
- Hardware systems design, using both application-specific integrated circuits and programmable circuits (FPGA, GPU, etc.) or advanced processors -high performance massively parallel architectures- for different applications including systems up to the level of complexity of Data Processing Centres.
- Software technology and support tools. This activity covers a broad spectrum of topics ranging from operating systems to CAE tools.
- Auto-deployable and advanced intelligent systems that integrate all the above items (HW/SW/Communications), including interfaces between the analog and digital worlds (sensors and actuators) for various fields of application (internet of things, e-health, digital society, infrastructure management, transport, etc.)